Monday 23 November 2009

Jeff Buckley - Grace (1994)


I don't think Ben has listened to this album, although I know Elliott loves it so he may well have done. If so Ben, then contact me on Facebook and I'll switch it to another one.
Anyway Grace is one of my favourite albums ever and I think its safe to say that Buckley is the greatest vocalist I've ever heard. This album shows his broad skill in many different styles of music from blues, to rock, to sombre piano pieces. This album also contains Hallelujah, originally by Leonard Cohen, which I'm sure you all know well from the pitiful x-factor cover. Buckley's version is the best I've heard as he puts such emotion in to the lyrics like the original and other covers such as John Cale's can't do.
The music on the album isn't really amazing but thats not the point, it could be the best music in the world and still be overshadowed by these vocals, Buckley is that good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/143449324/Jeff_Buckley_-_Grace.rar - disc 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/124156665/Jeff_Buckley_-_Grace__Legacy_Edition__CD2_Part2__320.rar - disc 2

2 comments:

  1. Is this the one with Alligator Wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anniversary edition is. Actually shit I forgot a link.

    ReplyDelete