Monday 23 November 2009

The Strokes - Is This It (2001)


So, Mr Nevill, I see we are trading this week. After seeing what you've offered me, I decided that I too would go for something a bit different and unexpected. I know you want me to give you Immortal Technique, but just listen to it yourself. You shall be listening to an album that the NME recently described as the best of the decade, and is included in every sort of 'You must listen to these albums before you die!' list you will find. Despite reaching somewhere around 40 in its homeland's billboard, the album was huge in the UK and in particular 'Last Nite' is a song you should have heard before, because it's awesome.
For me this album is a precursor to the overwhelming rise in popularity of indie music in recent years, and what's more its a personal favourite. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Ah nice this is unexpected :)
    Not sure I've ever heard a song by the strokes, but we'll see if I recognise any. They like the strokes on xfm don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have heard Reptilla, Dan. It's on Rockband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete